About the Program
The goal of our babies' classes is to entertain, educate, and expose children (and adults!) to the magic of Broadway and Rock 'n' Roll. By giving babies a small tasting of different genres of music, we hope to create the next generation of music lovers and engaged theater-goers.
Our highly developed curriculum was created by company founder, Audrey Kaplan, who also wrote curriculum professionally for the New York City elementary schools. Each class has a custom-tailored curriculum specific to its age-group, focusing on skills that children should be learning at every three months of their growth. Our Babies curriculum also follows the guidelines for testing of the ERB's.
Click the category to see classes:
Each week the theme of your child's class revolves around a different Rock 'n' Roll Band. All your favorite bands from the 70's, 80's, 90's, and today will set the backdrop as your child explores different musical instruments and props to increase their musical knowledge and creativity. Each class will include puppet time, educational activities, and musical lessons that teach rhythm, dynamics, and more to your little Rock Star!
Rock 'N' Roll Babies
Wednesdays, 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
St. Jean's Community Center
Login or Register to:
Class Calendar & Policies
(Pre-School Classes): All students (3-5 yrs) are entitled to (1) make-up class subject to availability.
To schedule a make-up, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 717-0703. Make-ups must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance and are subject to availability.
- Parent Classroom Manners: Pre-school classes are seperation only for the benefit of our children. We ask that parents & caregivers wait outside of the classroom. Please keep your cell phones on vibrate. If your child becomes upset, please step outside the room and return when they are feeling better. Please keep adult conversation to a minimum--anyone disrupting class may be asked to leave the room.
- Twins: Twins must be accompanied by two care-givers.
- Video & Photography: Video cameras or filming of any kind is not permitted, although Applause reserves the right to film or photograph classes for teaching purposes and publicity.
- Cancellation Policy: A full refund less a $75 cancellation fee will be given as long as we are notified 24 hours before the second class of the semester.
- Returned Checks: There is a $30 charge issued on each check returned from the bank for any reason